Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Plans!

I've been thinking alot lately about the things I want to do while I'm home in Oregon. My thoughts are so jumbled that I figured it would be easier just to write them down on this.


-At least 10 hours of yardwork a week. That equals $90(having already taken out tithing) and will go to my Jerusalem fund.

-Call Rachel BEFORE I get home and tell her I want to babysit for her the rest of the summer. If she doesn't need me for some reason, I'll call her friend Angela who I originally babysat for during Junior and Senior years of highschool. They both have boy twins. Each set is the same age, and all four are good friends. It's fun! Sometimes I get to watch them all at once.... it can be a pain but they're better at minding me than you'd expect :)

-Play either the piano or my violin each day. If I feel like doing both, then great.

-Read: Jesus the Christ. Jerusalem, the Eternal City. Dune. Finish the Belgariad. Finish Tales from the 1001 Nights. Finish the Book of Mormon. Re-read The Half-Blood Prince before the movie comes out. Sounds like a lot, but if you know me, you know I can do it :)

-Don't put off playing with my highschool friends until the last few weeks I'm home. I did that last year. I will play at least 3 times a week. I have a car there, it shouldn't be too hard.

-Go to the beautiful Portland Temple at least twice.

-Go on at least one overnight backpacking trip with Hannah and Callie. With Hannah's dad. The three of us have learned to never go very far without a priesthood holder.

-Run at LEAST three times a week. I'm on a running high lately so I think I can do more than that. Jared told me everyone will gain around 10-15 lbs in Jerusalem... so if that happens, I'm going to make sure I'm not coming back weighing more than I do right now.

-Go on a bike ride with Hannah, Callie, Ricky, Jon, or Matt. Or all 5. We love each other :)

-Watch Scrubs season 8

-Go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter with aforementioned people... plus many others.

-Take a long weekend to visit Laura!

-Take a trip to the Oregon Coast to see my usual sights that I've been craving.

-Come back to Utah for Travis and Shannon's wedding??? You have no idea how serious I am about wanting to come...

-Make sure a weekend will work out for Laura to come visit me!

-Practice dance somehow, somewhere.

-Finish Zelda, Ocarina of Time

-Learn how to use my new, good, photography camera well. Have Hannah show me how to be artistic with it :)


That's all I can remember for right now. There are probably a few other things. Sorry this is so long and probably boring for everyone but me to read. I have two months starting this time next week. I probably won't have time to sleep, but it will be worth it! Ready, Set, GO!

3 comments:

Katya said...

sounds like a lot of fun kellie! k, you should most DEFINITELY come back and visit for shannon and travis's wedding!!

Bob Z. said...

I LOVE Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Maybe I'll finish that again this summer too. I did it last summer and it was definitely worth it.

Matt Chandler said...

I finally found your blog! I saw that you were following me, and thought I found it then, but wasn't subscribed for some reason. Sounds like you have a great summer planned!