Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Consistency, why so inconsistent?

I understand the importance of change, but I often find myself wishing it didn't have to happen. Sometimes things really were better before they changed. What's so wrong with that? Let other things change so we can progress and grow, and keep some things the same? And then, why does it always seem impossible to change back to how it was before the original change, even when that is what's best for everyone?

Can't we just go back to months and months ago where friendships were simpler, more relaxed, and just came so easily and felt so natural? Nothing was expected out of those friendships, just to enjoy the time spent together, getting to know each other better and love each other for what we could each bring into the innocent relationship. I guess that drama is almost always inevitable though. Sometimes that's just fine. You pull through and have a better, stronger relationship because of it.

But sometimes you don't. You go through the hurt of it, but sometimes you don't fully heal - coming full circle to my original thought.

1 comment:

Laura C said...

I read this post. :)

Also. One of the comms prerequisites is MW from 9:30 to 10:30. Yeah...it sucks. So I'm kind of hoping something will work out...i don't know how it would though. Miracle, maybe?

And yes!! you can most definitely have the grand tour of all the cool places in my town (there really aren't a TON, but still:))