Sunday, June 28, 2009

Does that mean Provo is my home if that's where my heart is?

For the first time, home feels weird. I'm restless. As far as my plans go: Finished one book. Check. Well on my way into re-reading The Half-Blood Prince. Hung out with Lauren, Ricky, and Cassie twice. Check. Going to the beautiful Oregon Coast tomorrow. Check.

My home ward felt so weird. None of my friends were there except Hannah. And Trent and my old Young Women's president. I'll have more in the future weeks when they're back from Idaho, Montana, Virginia, etc.... but today felt pretty depressing. I couldn't even sit through Gospel Doctrine and Relief Society with Hannah because she got the cool calling of being a Primary Teacher. My mom refuses to cook ever so my whole weekend of being home has consisted of eating pizza. Literally. I still haven't unpacked my things yet so my room is a disaster area, but at least it's my lovely, familiar room.

I just watched the A102 intro video that they made for ward prayer back in November. Those were the good old days when everyone was in Provo and we could hang out whenever, all the time.

I get to babysit Tuesday! And then Tuesday night hopefully I will be with Matt and Jon. That will definitely make me feel more at home. Then in the next week or so Matt, Hannah, and I will drive up to the Cascade Locks and do a gorgeous day hike starting at Eagle Creek. Can't wait :)

Anyways, I love all of you, my Provo friends! Don't forget about me while I'm so far away!

3 comments:

Bob Z. said...

I know exactly what that feels like. I remember it being kind of a weird emotion when I realized that being here in Provo was pretty much my new home. I feel like a visitor when I go to our house in Cedar City. I've learned to love it though. This is why I've decided to spend the last couple Summers in Provo instead of going "home."

Happy transitioning! We won't forget about you!

Katya said...

we haven't forgotten about you!! the empty bed next to me is reminder enough...not to mention the fact that i don't really have any girl friends in provo anymore...:) in response to your post title:
yes. :)
miss you kellie!

Laura C said...

Kellie! you haven't posted in ...way too long.

Also, I miss you. :)