Wednesday, May 6, 2009

John's and my Cinco De Mayo party turned out great! A LOT of people from the ward showed up, more than I thought would come. My brothers also came, my friend Sarah and her (kind of) boyfriend, and my friends Rafe and Andre. I made tres leches, John made guacamole and a 7 layer dip-type-thing, we had good drinks, and lots of quesadillas. Not to mention the pinata which always sets up a good time!
After everyone left I stayed at Ave 123 with John, Tyler, and Bob, and we watched the first episode of Planet Earth. I love that documentary. Just about every second of footage is something incredibly beautiful, whether it's the most barren of deserts or the greenest of forests. Nature takes my breath away.

My friend Matt that I mentioned previously called me yesterday. I knew that he was in Barcelona, but not that he was all alone. He called me at 3:30 am his time and he was walking back to his hostel. I was a little nervous when he said he wasn't walking with anybody and that he had just gotten out of a dangerous section of the city... but he made it back ok :) I was SO happy to talk to him and hear his voice for the first time in 8 1/2 months. It totally made my week. Matt has a way of making you feel special. Maybe that's why he's my favorite guy in the world!

1 comment:

Laura C said...

Wish I could have been there! :).

Also:

I love the poisonwood bible. at least the first 110 pages:). I've already decided that Adah is my favorite.

You should show me how to get a cooler blog tempate :).