Saturday, August 7, 2010

The joys of being home

This morning I woke up and met up with a highschool friend, my "sister", if you will. Her name is Kayla Fadenrecht and I LOVE her. To death. She has the biggest heart and always knows what to say to me to make me happy and feel great about life. She just finished up her first year of college. She works harder than most people I know, and has earned about $20,000 in scholarships for school from multiple different sources for this next year. Too bad that doesn't quite cover the cost of tuition for a year... She is also madly in love with this guy she met here at home this summer. He sounds like he treats her like the angel she is. My little sis is all grown up and falling in love! I love it.

After catching up with Kade I met up with Kathleen for breakfast and then we both went back to my house to hang out some more. She brought her 10 month old baby boy, Joshua, along. He is a doll- so chubby and has red hair! Kathleen and I have been good friends for years. We even considered each other our best friend for a long time, still kinda do, and I got to be her bridesmaid three years ago this month!

Good day so far, but now I must be diligent and do as much of my homework right now that I can before the wedding reception in my back yard tonight! My best friend Hannah's brother got married last weekend, and they decided to have their Oregon reception here. So convenient, I just have to walk out my door! K gotta go... homework. Blah.

Oh and my dad, having no idea about my last blog post, randomly decided last night to mention how he strongly dislikes Muslims... "religion of peace, yeah right"... "how are we expected to have respect for people that do things like this" (we were watching a news story). Pretty sure the news also focuses on all bad things, Dad. Please don't overgeneralize.... it breaks my heart.

No comments: