Friday, August 6, 2010

Blogging!

I am thinking about writing in my blog again. What do you all think? Would I have any readers still?

Yes, probably, and even if I don't, I like writing, so what does it matter who reads?
My blog will probably be a set of contemplations about the state of my life, possibly focused on how my life is different and better because of my experience in Jerusalem, which is only natural as Jerusalem is the center of my life. I'll try not to let it get annoying though, since I know none of you really care since you haven't been there.
I'm sure if I get back into it, I will have many things to write about. So... why not start with one right now?
I have been thinking a lot lately about the Muslims I know in Jerusalem. I hate the negative image they have here in America. I want you all to know that they are wonderful people. If you were to randomly pick one out of the street and asked if they believed in a 6th pillar of Islam (Jihad), they would say no. And mean it. They are so kind. They welcome you gladly into their homes (granted this is part of their Arab/Palestinian culture too) and want to give you anything you want to make you feel comfortable. If you say you love something in their home, they will sometimes try and give it to you. That didn't happen to me personally but it did to a few others. The children are so cute and love to say everything they can in English, and love it when we play games with them or play music for them. They are so sweet.

How cute are they? Just a sampling of the little kids that would try and talk to us in the Old City.


Our neighborhood children. Adorable. The little girl with red hair liked that we had the same hair color... so precious. She was so shy though! It was all I could do to get her to sit through a picture.

Muslims are so devoted to God. It is the same God we worship, their scripture and understanding of Him is just a bit different, but in a lot of ways they are the same as us. Islam is a part of them, as our gospel is a part of us.
Muslim women about to enter the Al Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount.

I love them, and I am trying to be a little bit more like them. As I do, I become a little bit more Christlike.

1 comment:

Laura C said...

Those kids are adorable!

And I'll read your blog if you write :)