Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oh how I love Christmas songs!

I'm a member of the student choir here in my ward and we've been preparing songs for our Christmas concert next week. Our director is fluent in polish and is having us do 4 traditional polish carols, even though we're singing them in english. One of them happens to be my new current favorite Christmas carol. It's called At Quiet Midnight. The third verse is especially what pulls at my heart:

Welcome, o Savior, long desired of old
Four thousand years your coming was foretold
Kings and prophets are elated
For this night they long have waited
Christ is born, rejoice! Christ is born, rejoice!

It's beautiful, especially when you sing it with a choir at night looking from our auditorium onto the lit up city of Jerusalem. This is the most popular, beloved Christmas carol in Poland- and for good reason too.

Another one we're singing (not a polish one) is Lo, How a Rose. It's more well known I believe. It's beautiful, I recommend finding a recording of it somehow.

No comments: